Conversations around infidelity are largely centred on men, painting them as the primary culprits. Contrary to popular belief, infidelity isn't a gendered issue; it's a human one. Every individual, regardless of what’s between their legs, possesses the capability to make both good and questionable decisions in a relationship.
At Blokes Advice we have seen and heard it all, and at times some women might even try to play the victim card to deflect from their actions rather than owning up to their mistakes. This can make it challenging for partners to decipher the truth amidst the myriad of mixed signals and emotions.
That said, here are 10 signs to look out for if you are suspicious your partner might be getting a bit on the side. These DO NOT MEAN she’s cheating, but if you’re seeing trends of multiple of these over a long period of time, it might be worth having an honest chat.
- Phone Overprotectiveness: So, people like their phone privacy, right? But if your partner suddenly treats their phone like the Crown Jewels and you used to peep into it now and then, something might be up.
- Going MIA: We all get busy, but if your partner disappears off the grid for days and they aren't like, a spy or something, eyebrows raised.
- Not Keeping it Real: If they're suddenly bad at remembering their own stories, especially about that "just-a-friend" coworker...
- Cold Shoulders: Feeling more like roommates than lovebirds? If they've stopped spilling about their day, something's probably off.
- Defensiveness: Asking a simple question and getting a shield wall in return? Might be a sign.
- Money Drama: Weird charges on shared accounts? Constant fights about cash? Could be more than just budgeting blues.
- Always Out: If they're suddenly jet-setting for "work" or picked up a mysterious new hobby, where exactly are they hanging?
- Bedroom Changes: Things can change in the bedroom for many reasons. Health issues? Cool. But wild shifts without reason? Hmmm.
- Fresh Looks: A sudden interest in looking sharp or, let's say, "lawn maintenance" downstairs? Maybe it's for someone else.
- Gift Avalanche: Suddenly showered in gifts? It's not Christmas, so what's up?
- New App Alert: Notice a surge in their Snapchat or WhatsApp use? Could be innocent... or not.
- Password Play: Suddenly all their passwords are like Fort Knox? Why so secret?
- Browser Amnesia: Always clearing their history? What's there to hide?
- Missing Messages: If they're suddenly treating their texts like Mission Impossible self-destructing notes, something's fishy.
If any of these things are sounding a bit familiar, it doesn’t mean she’s cheating, but it might. At the very least these are healthy habits for a relationship and are worth addressing so strap in for a chat that is probably going to be a little uncomfortable. Remember, always keep you cool even when she does not – you got this brother!